Why do we have uniform at Hinderton?
We believe that a school uniform is important:
- It looks smart
- Wears well
- Contributes to a sense of belonging and community
- Signifies the wearer as a child among a group of other children
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
- Creates a predictable daily routine which is vital for our pupils and helps them distinguish between school days and home days.
We ask that all children wear the uniform and encourage parents to maintain a good standard of clean and tidy dress for their child on arrival in school.
The uniform is designed to be practical, maintainable and good value for money.
Hair accessories, should be fairly simple and if possible in school colours. We would request that large ribbons, bows, and other hair accessories are not sent to school please.
Parents are asked to ensure that all items are labelled clearly with their child’s name.
For safety reasons we ask that the children do not wear jewellery in school.
For health reasons it is important that children are properly dressed for physical activity. PE kit should be kept in a named drawstring bag.
What uniform do I need to provide?
- A pair of trainers- this is what we want all children to come to school in. This is because we want your child to be active throughout the day and some traditional school shoes do not allow this if they have insufficient flexibility and tread. Please send trainers that your child can put on themselves, either velcro or using a toggle type tie if they can not yet tie laces.
- A PE kit consisting of a school T shirt, Blue Shorts and Bag, which can be obtained from Uniformity
- A range of appropriately sized shirts
- A range of appropriately sized jumpers or cardigans
- A set of trousers/skirts/pinafores
- Summer Dresses can be worn during the warmer weather if preferred.
- A waterproof coat when needed
- A pair of wellies to keep in school
- For some younger children we also ask for an all in one waterproof outfit- please liaise with your class teacher if this is requested
Please remember to ensure the sizing of your child's uniform allows them to be as independent as possible in terms of dressing and undressing themselves. You may need to purchase items through the year as your child grows.
What happens if my child has an accident in school?
If your child has an accident we will provide a replacement item from our spare stock. Please wash and return these items to school as we only have a limited supply.
What if my child has a sensory sensitivity to a uniform item?
Get in touch with us to discuss. We are very flexible and are happy to talk to parents about adaptations such as wearing loose jogging bottoms or shorts instead of trousers. We will then work with you and your child to develop their tolerance of a wider range of clothing.
Hinderton branded uniform is available from our local supplier Uniformity which are based in Handbridge, Chester. Items can be purchased in the shop directly, of my clicking on the link below to their online shop. When ordering online, these can either be delivered to your home address or free to the school and be sent home with your child. During the Summer holiday period it is advisable to arrange for orders to be sent directly home, as school cannot guarantee anyone being on site to receive a delivery.