Autism friendly cinema screenings/ Sensory needs workshop/ ChAPS +
Post date: May 22, 2017 1:23:53 PM
Autism friendly cinema screenings
- a relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism
- lights left on low
- sound turned down
- no trailers or advertisements (unless they are embedded in the film)
- staff trained in autism awareness
- disabled access
- chill out zone, where available
- freedom to move around and sit where you like
- bring your own food and drink
- free entry for carers with valid CEA Card.
Download your Autism friendly cinema screenings social story template
Download your Vue social story template from their website
Vue host an autism friendly cinema screening on the last Sunday of every month at 10:15am, from £1.99. Listed below are the participating sites for our autism friendly cinema screenings with Vue.
Vue’s next autism friendly film screening is Sing on Sunday 28th May at 10:15am.
ODEON’s next autism friendly screening is Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul on Sunday 18th June at 10:15am.