Direct Payments/Short breaks
Post date: Jul 6, 2015 10:28:05 AM
There are a range of services within Cheshire to support disabled children and young people including:
- Support in the family home – such as direct personal care to assist parents in the care of their child.
- Short break family based care – this is provided by linking children and young people with a foster family.
- Short break residential care – this is provided in the children’s centres based in Ellesmere Port and Winsford for children and young people with more complex needs.
- Family support workers attached to the Children with Disabilities Team – the workers provide activities for children particularly during school holidays giving the parents a break from their caring role.
- Other Services – Children’s Social Care has links with many other organisations across the County to provide other services, such as summer playschemes and after school clubs.
- Children’s Social Care can provide services themselves or parents and carers can purchase and manage their own support through the provision of Direct Payments. There is written information available about Direct Payments; ask your social worker for details following the initial assessment
Click on the link below for more information.