North Wales 1st Annual Autism Conference -7th October
Post date: Sep 13, 2016 10:45:25 AM
The first North Wales Annual Autism Conference is an opportunity for individuals with an Autism Spectrum Condition, their families and professionals, to network and access credible information from educators, researchers and specialists working in the field of autism.
This is an opportunity to hear their experiences and access their knowledge about how we can work in partnership to reduce the barriers within education, employment, healthcare and social situations which will enable individuals to progress in every area and therefore improve self –esteem, confidence and develop opportunities to feel valued, understood and included in society.
Key Note Presentation
- Dr Luke Beardon Senior Lecture Autism Centre Sheffield Hallam University - Exploding the Myths and Presenting a Positive Perspective of Autism
- Dr Linda Buchan Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Alex Lowry Public Speaker and Educator
- David Reiser Independent Speech and Language Therapist
- John Williams My Sons Not Rainman and parent
- Dr Jacqui Jackson Autism Researcher ,Consultant, Author and parent
- Understanding and Misconceptions of ADHD
- Autism and Epilepsy
- Introducing the new Additional Learning Needs Code and Individual Development Plans.
- Strategy’s for Living in an Intense sensory World
- Challenging the Way You Work
- Autism – Maintaining Health and Well-being
Early Bird Offer (for bookings made before the 31 August 2016)
Professionals - £120 including VAT
Parents and Individuals with ASC and Students - £36.00 including VAT
Full Conference Fee (for bookings made after the 31 August 2016)
Professionals - £150 including VAT
Parents and Individuals with ASC and Students - £48.00 including VAT
Ticket Price includes buffet lunch and refreshments
For further infromation please visit the website or download the leaflet below:
If you would like to attend this conference click here for more information.