What's on in March!!!
Post date: Feb 26, 2018 7:42:05 AM
Cheshire Oaks Autism Friendly – Tuesday, 6th March – 5-8pm – Cheshire Oaks are part of of Autism Champions and once a month they host an autism friendly shopping experience, where lights are dimmed, music turned low, quiet spaces and if you go straight to the visitors centre you can collect a map of the site and an alert card you can use to show a member of staff if you require any assistance.
Mattel Play – Wednesday, 28th February from 5 – 7pm (£7 per child with 2 carers free)
Based on the popular TV series that kids know and love – Thomas & Friends™, Bob the Builder™ and Fireman Sam™, this fully undercover family entertainment centre is home to fun and exploration including:
THOMAS & FRIENDS™
- Meet Thomas, the number one blue engine.
- Interact with Rosie, a really useful engine.
- Jump into Harold the Helicopter’s ball pool.
- Ride on miniature locomotives.
BOB THE BUILDER™
- Grab your hats and safety jacket to join Bob’s crew.
- Dig with Scoop and move sand with the diggers at Bob’s workshop.
- Learn to construct with Mega Bloks™ in Wendy’s workshop.
- Get creative with light box sketching.
- Junior cadets can drive Jupiter.
- Climb aboard Titan and Juno at the Ocean Rescue Centre.
- Become a shopkeeper in Dilys’ grocery store.
AND THERE’S MORE…
- Daily character appearances by Bob the Builder™ or Fireman Sam™ and The Fat Controller also welcomes guests to Sodor every Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
Autism friendly cinema screenings are great for the whole family, the volume is lowered and the lights are raised, there is also no adverts before the film as it goes straight to feature; most cinemas even offer discounted tickets and all cinemas accept CEA Cards.
Showcase Cinema, Liverpool – The Greatest Showman on Sunday, 11th March at 10am.
Autism's Got Talent
The hit talent road show is coming to the Floral Pavilion, New Brighton in November; We have teamed up with Anna Kennedy OBE to host this amazing show and fun for all the family
You have until 31st May to send in your audition tapes, for further details on the event and how to enter, follow the link.
13/03/2018 @ 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Cheshire County Sports Club - County Lounge
Plas Newton Lane
Chester CH2 1PR
Understanding autism is one of the Autism Seminars for Families which provides information and advice to parents and carers of children who have an autism diagnosis. The seminar is particularly suited to parents and carers of children with a recent diagnosis but as some families have had little or no access to post diagnosis information it can be useful for them too.
The seminar will help families:
· to get a better understanding of how autism affects your child
· to gain information to help you and your child live with autism
· to find out about sources of additional support.